Today I spoke with Andy Brown with Stanford Properties, LC, one of the developers for the Countryside Regal project. Here are a few clarifications or elaborations on what we know so far.
– The project would only include the Regal Movie Theater and the parking lots, which is 11.5 acres in total. None of the surrounding businesses will be part of the condo project.
– These new condos will not be integrated or joined up with the Countryside Villas.
– The plan currently has open/green space which will include an outdoor lounge/grilling area along with a tot lot.
– They did look into building town homes on this site but due to land costs and building costs, the sales price of the town homes would be in the $600s, so this is why the 2 over 2 condos were chosen.
– The condo complex will not be offering a club house/fitness center or pool as the costs of that would be too high
– If this plan is approved, and in the best case scenario, the earliest this complex would be completed is two years.
– The traffic numbers they provided to us in the meeting were based on when the Countryside theater was active and had regular business. The numbers are not based on the volume/lack of business that it sees now.
As soon as I hear about any additional meetings or information, I will definitely let everyone know.